Texas Health Resources Admissions Specialist PRN in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano Presbyterian is currently seeking a PRN Admissions specialist. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
PRN (As Needed)
The PRN Position is an on-call as needed basis. There will not be a set schedule or shifts. The hours fluctuate based on the departments needs of 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Some Holidays required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1+ year’s related experience required.
• Requires good written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
• Requires knowledge of general office equipment
• PC’s and associated software packages.
• Medical Insurance Verification
• 1-2 years of hospital clerical, general clerical or Certificate of Achievement in clerical or business related course.
• Experience in physician's office
• CHAA (certified health care admissions assoc preferred)
• Strong Computer Knowledge Base
Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers.
Strong interpersonal communication, documentation, customer service and collection skills
• Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic information to ensure medical records/billing process flows efficiently.
• Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures.
• Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal, ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the same.
• Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance carriers.
• Assists patients in understanding financial obligations; collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to reduce Accounts Receivable.
• Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
KEYWORDS: "Admissions", "Registration", "Scheduling", “Patient Finance”, “Patient Access”, “Healthcare Access”, “Access Services”, "Admitting", "Scheduler", "Registrar", “Central Scheduling”, “Patient Access Services", "Hospitality", "Customer Service", "Banking", "Teller"
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and 1,200 physicians on its medical staff in more than 67 specialties. The hospital is a 2008 TAPE recipient, a Level III trauma center, a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, hip and knee Center of Excellence and certified Primary Stroke Center. The hospital has also been named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.