Schneider Electric Assistant Critical Facility Manager in Plano, Texas
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Title: Assistant Critical Facility Manager (ACFM)
Reports to: Critical Facility Manager (CFM)
Description: The Assistant Critical Facility Manager is accountable for the mitigation of risk, operations, maintenance, and improvements to the physical infrastructure of the assigned critical facility or site. Typically, the ACFM is charged with the coordination of the workforce, maintenance of the CMMS, performance data collection, maintenance of spares and tool inventories, and specific duties assigned by the CFM as needed.
- Manage operations and maintenance of all assigned site infrastructure equipment and systems (critical and/or non-critical).
- Coordinate the workforce schedule to accomplish assigned maintenance and operations duties.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of the CMMS and producing reports as required.
- Collaborate with clients on planning for facilities issues.
- Assist in the development and execution of facilities budgets.
- Manage projects as assigned.
- Manage facilities support and operations staff as assigned.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all other groups (sales, finance, executive staff, projects/construction, etc.).
- Assist with the negotiation and approval of contracts/agreements with vendors as requested.
- On-call 24x7, responding to all data center emergencies and acting as the person in charge when the CFM is unable to respond.
- Assist with the site’s environmental health and safety compliance.
- Assist with managing the client relationship and growing the business at the assigned sites.
*Position Objectives: *
- Ensures the effective usage of personnel resources to accomplish assignments and reduce costs, and meet goal
- Ensures spares and tool inventories are maintained and available to effectively respond to site needs.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of CMMS data.
- Operates and maintains site in such a condition as to assure 100% uptime to customers for facilities services (electrical, cooling, etc.).
- Ensures site complies with all local, state, and federal requirements for EH&S;
- Operates assigned site equipment to obtain maximum effectiveness and efficiency; cost, equipment longevity, and reliability.
- Creates an open and sharing relationship with the clients and clients’ vendors.
*Required skills: *
- Team building and organizational development.
- Client relationship building and management.
- Technical understanding and communication across all levels of personnel (clients, senior site personnel, customers, vendors, etc.).
- Understanding and implementation of risk mitigation processes.
- Emergency response control and command.
*Desired skills: *
- Training program development and implementation.
- Development, control and monitoring of budgets.
- Procedure development.
- Reliability centered maintenance analysis and implementation.**
- 5 or more years of experience in mission critical environments.
- 1 year supervisory experience or 3 years Lead CFT experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil) or equivalent.
- CFM or equivalent facilities management certification.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit. Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Unposting Date: Nov 10, 2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 0032QD