Canon Business Process Services Mail Coordinator in Plano, Texas
Canon Business Process Services, Inc.
Advancing Business Performance to a Higher Level
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing and managed specialty staffing. Combining singular experience and process knowledge, Canon Business Process Services helps clients improve operational business performance while reducing costs and risks. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader by IAOP for the past nine years, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at www.cbps.canon.com.
- Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned floors and within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
- Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to client affiliates as scheduled (if applicable).
- Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client and vendor deadlines. Log and deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames.
- Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness.
- Organize and distribute supplies to client employees as detailed in job requests. Verify and log orders upon delivery. Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers).
- Handle items for distribution to a segment of or all of client employees, affiliates, dealers, etc.
- Estimate runtime on the small to medium photocopy jobs. Check all copies produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
- May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
May possibly perform any of the following functions at the direction of the Site Manager:
Set up and maintain client’s kitchen areas and conference rooms, order food and make coffee.
Provide reception work such as answering telephones, taking messages and greeting visitors.
Move boxes, supplies or furniture; replace light bulbs.
May be requested to perform document scanning.
Prepare outgoing items for shipping.
Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines, faxes, scanning, shipping equipment as introduced at the site.
Additional responsibilities that other employees at that site do not perform.
Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance is a must.
Ability to work overtime and meet deadlines
- 0-1 year experience working in a mailroom or professional office environment.
- Knowledge of metering, weighting, logging and other shipping procedures. Ability to perform routine functions of most of the various equipment & systems (fax scanner, metering, stamping, tracking systems, photocopying, color copying, etc.)
- Some computer skills preferred.
Physical activity required including bending, reaching, lifting and prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
May lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Requisition Number: 23806
Type of Position: Full-Time
Shift: Day Shift