HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Extern PRN Medical in Plano, Texas
Work Schedule: *PRN (as needed)* Unit: Medical ICU
The Nurse Extern position provides direct and indirect nursing services to the patient under the supervision of the professional nurse and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of a unit of the department. Job responsibilities include: * Performs direct patient care as assigned by the registered nurse and reports observations, results of procedures and patient needs to appropriate person. * Performs psychomotor skills as outlined during educational training and orientation process. (See Critical Skills Checklist.) * Utilize computer or handheld for documentation.
- High school Diploma/GED required
- Successful completion of Fundamentals in Nursing (1stsemester nursing school curriculum) with appropriate documentation.
- Current BCLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing or on semester break from such a program.
- Course of study must have included appropriate instructions to perform the tasks which will be delegated.
- Must have completed Anatomy and Physiology, Fundamentals of Nursing and Critical Skills Checklist (Course content and evidence of course work completion must be submitted)
Title: Nurse Extern PRN Medical
Location: Texas-Plano-The Medical Center of Plano
Requisition ID: 00058-81040