Liquidity Services Quality Assurance Lead in Plano, Texas
Liquidity Services Inc. provides business and government clients and buying customers the world’s most transparent, innovative and effective online marketplaces and integrated services for surplus assets. Liquidity Services achieves maximum recovery for our clients’ customer returns, overstock, used and salvage assets by employing a multi-channel strategy that leverages our industry-leading online marketplaces, as well as direct sales and consumer marketplace channels. On behalf of its clients, Liquidity Services has completed the sale of over $2.4 billion of surplus assets in over 500 product categories including consumer goods, capital assets and industrial equipment.
The Quality Assurance Lead will provide project test planning, test development, test execution, release test planning, and various service activities within a fairly new and growing Quality Assurance department.
• Create test strategies, test plans and use cases for enterprise-level applications, complex integrations, and ETL implementations
• Work closely with multiple scrum teams ensuring quality of the software, reporting to the application development manager.
• Effectively manage QA process on multiple projects, assign tasks to team members and address competing priorities.
• Review testing activities, identify and implement continuous improvements.
• Mentor team members to ensure technical growth and productivity.
• Provide hands-on testing while leading QA Analysts test web applications and complex system integrations.
• Identifying areas of the applications for test automation; strategically implement this into the QA process.
• Work with application developers to improve and maintain continuous integration processes, automated test frameworks and test scripts.
• Analyzing and triaging the defects, escalate the priority on critical pending issues and communicate with product owners and responsible developers.
• Generate QA metrics reports and communicate to stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 8+ years of experience in software quality assurance of desktop, web/mobile applications developed using Microsoft .Net
• At least 2 years of experience in a team lead or equivalent role
• Experience in designing test strategies, test plans, developing and executing manual and automated test cases for Enterprise level applications and complex integrations
• Ability to analyze test results to ensure correct functionality and recommend corrective action
• Experience using test management and bug tracking tools, preferably work experience in Microsoft Visual Studio online, Microsoft Test Manager
• Experience working in a scrum environment, and thorough understanding of Application Lifecycle Management
• Strong backend testing skills in MS SQL and working experience writing complex queries and validating the results
• Understanding of applications designed with service oriented architecture (SOA), web services, with knowledge regarding associated testing methods
• Experience in data analytics, enterprise data reports and dashboard testing is a strong plus
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of latest software development technologies and trends to improve software QA process
• Experience in supply chain industry is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or its equivalent
Division: LSI Corporate