Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurse HTPN in Plano, Texas
The Registered Nurse - HealthTexas Provider Network, assists physician with various procedures, performs laboratory functions and prepares patients for examinations and procedure, cleans and arranges, and orders medical supplies. In addition, the Registered Nurse - Health Texas Provider Network administers medication and gives injections under supervision. Other responsibilities include:
• Handle patient preparation including taking vital signs, assessing condition, performing
electrocardiograms, applying sterile dressings, assisting with pap smears and sutures,
monitoring response to treatment and medication, and documenting changes in condition.
• Telephone prescription refills to Pharmacy and document in medical record.
• Schedule referral appointments for patients, CT scans, MRI, and other procedures.
• Educate patient and family members regarding plan of treatment as prescribed by Physician.
• Assist with front office duties as needed.
• Handle patient telephone calls.
• Associates Degree
• Texas RN License
• 3 months experience
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012, Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use nicotine products.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.