Texas Health Resources Security Supervisor in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano is currently hiring for a full time Security Supervisor.
Work Hours/ Schedule: 40 hours per week
Minimum Education Required: H.S. Diploma or Equivalent. Associates Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience Required: 2 years security, military police training or law enforcement experience
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required: NCSO - Non-Commissioned Security Officer or CSO - Commissioned Security Officer. Driver's License upon hire. BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support and CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 30 days of hire.
Minimum Required Skills: Decision making, cooperativeness, discretion, good communication skills
Qualification/ Duties: Oversees operations on assigned shifts
• Leads security briefings for officers and distributes equipment.
• Responds to calls for service and disturbances.
• Reviews shift paperwork and reports
• Prepares work schedules
• Approves time off requests
• Calls in additional employees as need.
• Works directly with clinical and administrative leadership to determine staffing needs.
Performs officer duties as needed.
• Patrols buildings and ground for unlocked secured areas for after hour entry..
• Locks and opens doors according to schedules.
• Provides individual and group escorts to and from parking areas
• Identifies and removes unauthorized individuals from property
• Enforces campus parking policies/cite violations
• Maintains compliance with Security policies
• Pursues and detains persons involved in criminal activity
• Fills out incident/offense report forms and composes narratives.
• Gives directions to areas of facility
• Interacts with police, fire personnel, patients, visitors and staff.
• Provides vehicle assistance
• Patrols interior/perimeter of campus and parking
Provides training for officers
• Orientates new employees
• Attends assigned meetings and shares information
Understands, complies with, and enforces department policies, state regulations and commission rules.
Provides manager with input for:
• Employee selection
• Progressive discipline
• Employee evaluations
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.