Ericsson Solution Architect IV in Plano, Texas
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
As a Principal Solutions Architect (PSA), this role will be responsible for managing customer requirements utilizing Ericsson’s Service Fulfillment & Assurance solutions portfolio. The PSA will be engaged with the account team from pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion stages of the project. A PSA should be competent in controlling potential scope changes and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors. The PSA will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Regions, Product Units, Systems Integration teams as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development teams. The PSA will coordinate with internal Customer Unit Sales and Engagement Practices organizations.
As a PSA you will undertake a series of senior professional responsibilities, requiring application of specialized knowledge of Ericsson’s proprietary communication (mobile and broadband) products, particularly our unique Business/Operational Support System (B/OSS) solutions including Ericsson Fulfillment & Assurance products portfolio. A PSA will gather, analyze, and manage complex customer requirements and specifications and propose and devise solutions, utilizing Ericsson business network products.
As a PSA you will specify and design technical and/or competence development solutions (in cooperation with Ericsson customer). A PSA will drive changes in the methods, processes, and guidelines within customer organizations or internally. As a PSA you will also drive add-on sales and business opportunities during the entire sales-to-delivery process. As a PSA you will follow up on delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with customer.
A PSA mainly interacts with other Ericsson Services Professionals, other groups within the Service Delivery organization, with the customers, engagement practice’s teams as well as the customer units. In addition, a PSA will drive high customer satisfaction, add-on sales as well as project success from end to end. Lead and mentor services teams and constantly innovate.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Based on business needs, responsibilities may include the following:
- Provide clear direction to a multi-domain team of Solution Architects
- Partner with the Program Director and the Core 3 to provide clear technical direction to meet the customer needs
- Analyze complex customer business requirements and formulate both high level architecture and detailed requirement specifications that serve to enhance customer's competitive position.
- Coordinate high level and detailed requirements produced by the team of Solution Architects so they all cohesively form one overall architecture
- Standardize and Optimize multi-cultural business solutions, processes and methodologies
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products (i.e. Monolith etc.) for the Customer Solution. Is able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
- Drive add-on sales and new business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Manage teams of experienced Solution Architect or Service Engineers in Customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered according to expectations and plans.
- Be recognized as a leader in knowledge sharing communities.
- Be expected to travel sometimes on short notice with variable durations (up to 30% per year).
- Participate in technical reviews and provide technical support to our customers, third party partners and Ericsson organizations.
- Expert knowledge of Service Fulfillment and Service Assurance processes including:
- Order Management
- Network Inventory
- Network design and assign automation
- Quality of Service Management
- Customer Experience Management
- Network fault monitoring and correlation
- Cloud, SDN, SFV
- Expert knowledge of Virtualization, Orchestration, Service Enablement
- Experience with delivering projects using ETSI MANO based orchestrator in a OpenStack NFVI environment involving telco VNFs
- Deep knowledge of ETSI MANO components (Like VNF, VNFFG, NFVI), functional blocks (Like NFVO, VNFM) & MANO descriptors
- Must have deep understanding of software development and software design principles
- Good experience in software design and a background in hands on coding experience using object oriented technologies.
- Experience with working with interfaces using Rest, JSON & Web Services
- Good experience with network configuration in a multivendor environment
- Deep understanding of SDN protocols like Open Flow and ODL.
- Expert Knowledge of emerging technology trends including Cloud/SDN/NFV, Data Analytics, and Customer Experience Management
- Expert knowledge and proven experience in leading large-scale Transformation programs
- Deep knowledge of operator networks & business environments.
- Deep knowledge of International business acumen and culture
- Deep experience in application and implementing OSS/BSS solutions
- Expert knowledge of Wireless and broadband networks.
- Deep understanding of market and telecommunication operators’ business needs.
- Capacity to engage at CxO level, understanding and articulating the business requirements and shaping value propositions to enable maximum business impact for Ericsson clients.
- Experienced on approaching customers’ needs from a business and technology perspectives and identifying business solutions and evolution paths based on specific Ericsson’s technology assets (software and hardware) that also lend themselves commercially.
- Experienced on designing, developing and implementing specific and complex technical solutions based on Industry products, processes and techniques for Telecommunication companies worldwide
- Trained in Agile software delivery methodology & frameworks (including SAFe framework).
- Creating & Innovating
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Applying Expertise & technology
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer expectations
- Lead High-performing Solution Architecture teams
- Contribute heavily to strategic operations
- Deliver all services as per the Ericsson Global Processes.
- Play significant role in improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
- Expected to mentor others.
- Take on senior roles.
- Actively contributes to knowledge sharing, innovation program and automation efforts.
- Driving add-on sales and new business opportunities
- Presentation & Communication skills
- Team work & collaboration skills
- Market insight
- Financial Understanding
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Six to ten years of relevant experience in a Telecommunications Software environment where at least 5 of those years are in a Lead Solution Architect position or equivalent
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || Texas || Plano || ServEng