Ericsson Solution Architect in Plano, Texas
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
What we look for are employees who are customer focused, have a consultative and entrepreneurial mindset and take great pride in customer satisfaction. We value accountability, flexibility, a sense of urgency, strong team work and the ability to adapt to changes and take ownership.
This is a position for a Solution Architect in the RNAM BSS Organization.
The Hosted Solutions Architecture team is seeking to expand its team of high-performing Solution Architects. As a Solution Architect (SA) you will be responsible for managing customer requirements and proposing solutions utilizing Ericsson and 3rd party products.
The SA is engaged with the account team from pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion stages of the project as well as solution life cycle management. The SA needs to be competent in handling constant change of scope and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors.
As SA, you will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with our customers’ marketing, product realization and technical teams. In your engagements, you will collaborate with Ericsson customer account teams, and business management teams in partnering MSIP organizations. You will have a close relationship with the local Customer Adaptation Center and the Cloud Services Operations Support and Management teams.
Candidates need to be self-managed with regards to time and deliverables and must display a high degree of accountability. They need to be self-motivated and comfortable working independently as well as being part of a high-achieving team.
If this describes you and you are looking to be challenged, please apply to the following position.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Customer engagement while working closely with Business Management, Customer Unit Sales and Engagement Practices organizations.
- Gather customer requirements and specifications and translate those needs into effective solutions in order to meet customer expectations
- Drive business and solution development with the customer
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Develop technical presentations, documentation and proposals and perform customer presentations
- Find new business opportunities based on expanding existing customer solutions as well as creating new ones.
- Drive customer meetings
- Develop cost estimates and perform project planning, including customer adaptations
- Lead BSS projects as technical solution owner and SME
- Support the deployment of a solution
- Interact with Product Development Units to create product customizations
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Provide support to the local Customer Adaptation Center
- Support Cloud Services operational teams
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or acceptable equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working in software design and/or systems integration in the Telecommunications domain is required.
- 3 years of experience working with real-time charging solutions for wireless carriers.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a direct customer-facing role, such as technical sales or Solution Architect.
- 2 years of experience as Solution Architect for large-scale Charging, Billing, or Policy Control projects.
- Solid experience in creating commercial proposals, including sales negotiations.
- Solid experience in project costing (Cost Estimates, Bill of Materials).
- Solid background working with GSM/WCMDA and/or CDMA systems and Intelligent Networks.
- Solid knowledge of telecom call-flows.
- Solid knowledge of programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Perl, Unix Shell scripting, and HTML 5.
- Solid working knowledge of databases such as MySQL and Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of XML, SNMP, LDAP, SOAP protocols.
- Experience in full lifecycle of software development and system integration in OSS/BSS, IMS, SDP or Circuit/Packet Core domains.
- Knowledge of IP networking and internet technologies (TCP/IP, CIP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Radius, Diameter). Experience with IPv6 is highly desired.
Preferred Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Experience in Packet Core, including policy servers and deep packet inspection, is an added advantage.
- Experience working with Billing Systems and CRM systems for a wireless carrier is an added advantage.
- Experience with design and deployment of a Convergent Charging/Billing Solution is an added advantage.
- Experience in development of business cases is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of customer business processes and frameworks for telecom best practice (eTOM, TOGAF, ITIL) is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Ericsson BSS and IN products is an added advantage.
- Experience in an operator (Carrier) environment is highly desired.
- Datacom experience is a plus.
- Strong team leadership skills
- Must have writing and speaking fluency in English
- Experience in formal technical writing
- Experience in the writing of formal customer offers is a plus
- Problem Solving Ability
- Creative Thinking
- Broad Technical Acumen
- Consultative Selling Ability
- Excellent presentation skills
- People management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Project management skills are a plus
- Ability to work in stressful situations, meeting tight deadlines and delivering services with high quality is a must
*Behavioral Competences *
- Creating & Innovating
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Applying Expertise & technology
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer expectations
*Preferred Competences *
- Team work & collaboration skills
- Market insight
- Financial Understanding
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || Texas || Plano || ServEng