HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supply Chain Director in Plano, Texas
Director of Supply Chain Operations
*GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES *– The Director of Supply Chain Operations is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Director of Supply Chain Operations integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff.
As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
*SUPERVISOR *– Division Supply Chain Officer
*SUPERVISES *– All Onsite Supply Chain Operations personnel
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: • Lead and manage all facility Supply Chain activities • Manage the profit and loss of the facility Supply Chain operations • Execute the infrastructure project plan for the facility. This includes the implementation of the standardization programs for all supply chain functions, SMART cleanup, master file standardization, online requisitioning, and EDI • Facilitate the implementation of market based purchasing projects at the facility • Execute the implementation and operational plan for all of the point of use systems • Coordinate, manage, and evaluate facility Supply Chain personnel • Create a supportive environment for supply chain staff development and the delivery of supply chain solutions • Raise and resolve facility based supply chain issues and improvement opportunities • Coordinate and drive efforts to enable supply improvement initiatives (SII) to succeed within the facility • Facilitate the standardization of products and optimize supply utilization through effective collaboration with Physicians and clinicians • Manage the facility implementation plan, identify and mitigate risks (leverage lessons learned, utilize proactive communication techniques), and monitor resource allocations to ensure successful execution of plan • Execute the Supply Chain Performance Measurement plan at the facility and report these results to the • Supply Chain Officer in an accurate and timely manner • Execute a continuous improvement program for supply chain functions • Ensure useful knowledge is captured and promote sharing of information • Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff. • Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms. • Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered. • Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards. • Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues. • Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug containing devices relative to core competencies of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Organization – proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution – oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Project management – assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Healthcare Administration, Finance, or similar is preferred
• Minimum of three years hospital management experience required
/Parallon Supply Chain’s roots are in the hallways of some of America’s top-performing hospitals. Join our organization and our team as we strive to provide our customers with a top-quality operation. Parallon offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and a business casual environment./**
Title: Supply Chain Director
Location: Texas-Plano-The Medical Center of Plano
Requisition ID: 07846-12022