HP US State Compliance - Senior Tax Analyst in Plano, Texas
US State Compliance - Senior Tax Analyst
The position will be responsible primarily for US State and Local Income Tax Compliance and Provision. It will also include preparation of US Federal M-1 adjustments, State Audit, State Tax Planning, Tax reseach and FAS 109.
The experience level requested is between 4-8 years. with experience as follows:
Preparation and/or review of Large Multi-national/Multi-state company with significant State and Local Income Tax compliance.
State and Local Income Tax audits and appeals.
Tax provision desired, but not required.
Proficiency in Excel and CORPTAX.
Desired candidates will be able to work independently on assigned projects and will be able to team with HP employees inside and outside of Tax. In some circumstances, the ideal candidate will actively prepare detailed schedules for other team members as is needed to meet provision or return deadlines. Ideal candidates should enjoy taxation and be willing to learn different areas of tax.
Strong interpersonal skills desired to effectively communicate and to team with a diverse and immensely talented tax group.
Assist the global tax and finance teams to maintain our status as a world class tax group.
Education and Experience Required:
· First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree in accounting, finance, tax, preferred.
· Minimum 4 years of Federal and State Income Tax experience
· Self- starter and ability to work independently with minimal oversight
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines imposed by project timescales or tax authority requirements
· Willing to travel domestically (< 5%)
· Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial reporting systems as well as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
· Excellent communication, leadership skills.
· Strong financial and business acumen.
· Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of tax (CorpTax) and accounting (SAP) software desirable
No shift premium (United States of America)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html