Caliber Home Loans VP Originations Technology in Remote, Texas
Job Title: VP Originations Technology
Requisition Number: 5439
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
The VP Originations Strategy is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of business channel specific technology applications. Ensures alignment with strategic direction. Works closely with internal departments and outside vendors. Developments business channel specific programs, production policy and procedures, reference and training material and communications.
Manage the build-out and ongoing development of all technology applications used by a business channel. This includes:
Accountable for the scope and budget of projects working with outside vendors
- Understand competitor platforms necessary to provide strategic direction on the enhancement of business channel platform
- Review statements of work, ensure alignment between scope and project schedule, and plan the scope and budget for future project phases
- Organize monthly reviews with the executive management team to ensure proper oversight and buy-in from CEO, COO, and CFO
- Identify key employees within the business channel's organization that are capable of providing direction and feedback on technology, process flow, and overall Caliber offering; Organize frequent focus groups to collect feedback and validate strategies
- Represent the business channel in all PMO prioritization sessions and communicate status back to the leadership team
- Establish the annual roadmap for process/technology enhancements and work with the finance team and channel leader to incorporate anticipated costs into the annual budget
- Organize the communication, rollout, and training for all process/technology changes impacting the business channels sales force and clients
- Direct the development and provide approval for all training collateral/programs, production policy and procedures, reference material specific to the business channel
- Assist in authoring and approving all business channel communications sent to employees/clients regarding process, policy, system changes
- Partner with operations management to troubleshoot systemic process/technology tactical issues
- Assist in recruiting by performing demos of technology/process flow for high profile recruits
- 8+ years management experience in the mortgage industry required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to utilize the following functions: V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Concatenating formulas, Conditional formatting, and Pivot Tables is highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results driven, able to lead and influence process change and improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or related field.
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is focused on being the best mortgage company in the United States and winning through talent. Caliber is committed to diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Visit us at www.CaliberHomeLoans.com to learn more.