Parsons Corporation Sr. Cyber Security Analyst in Richardson, Texas
Cyber Security Analyst
The cyber threat to IT and national security systems has never been greater. Our companies’ security depends on the stability and reliability of our infrastructure and we need YOU to help protect it! If you have experience hunting the bad guys and have passion in cyber operations, the ability to be part of a tight team, and an aptitude to take on exciting challenges – then we want to talk with you!
We’re looking for a Cyber Security Analyst who will work as part of a small cross-functional security operations team that performs continuous security information event monitoring, endpoint protection, network/IPS monitoring, and vulnerability assessments. The Cyber Security Analyst will be expected to focus on the hands-on monitoring of select security tools that address advanced endpoint security, web proxy, threat detection, analysis, and incident response. We develop and expose our front-line analysts to a multitude of domains, systems, and tools. You’ll be expected to bring your experience, team-first work ethic, and can-do approach to work across various security and IT teams in Parsons. Our cyber team is a close-knit group of professionals that like to hunt and take great pride in protecting one of America’s largest global critical infrastructure engineering and program management organizations.
Education and Experience
· US citizenship required.
· BS degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and/or 5-8 years of progressive experience with combined roles in cyber security operations, event analysis, threat detection, incident response, and basic threat intelligence is required.
· For this intermediate role, one or more foundation/intermediate-level industry certification(s) - examples include Security , CSA , Network , CISA or other comparable certification and/or suitable hands-on experience is a plus.
· A major industry certification - examples include CISSP, CCSP, CEH, GIAC, CCNA other comparable certification(s) and/or suitable hands-on experience is a MAJOR plus.
· Fundamental understanding of networking, security monitoring, detection, and analysis systems inclusive of Network Security, SIEM, Endpoint Security, and Vulnerability Management is required. Experience with these tasks in Cloud Environments is highly desired.
· Ability to analyze information security events, identify threats, and articulate findings is required.
· Experience in endpoint protection – anti-virus, host-based intrusion prevention, encryption and/or device control is a plus.
· Experience in incident response is a plus.
· Experience developing operational working instructions and configuration documentation is a plus.
· Ability to work in small task-oriented teams, being a selfless team member is required.
· Excellent communication skills - written and spoken-is required.
Parsons is an equal-opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
Parsons is proud of our 70 years in delivering engineering, technical, and construction services to our legacy markets: -infrastructure, industrial, federal, and construction. As markets have evolved, so have we. Parsons is a provider of choice for cybersecurity and alternative project delivery services. We believe talent, passion, and commitment generate success. Parsons employees go the distance for our customers and give back to the communities in which we live and work. We welcome self-starters who have the ability to solve problems elegantly-and who believe in our core values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation, sustainability, and diversity. If this describes you, join us! Parsons delivers a better world.-
Title Sr. Cyber Security Analyst
Primary Location US-TX-Richardson
Requisition ID 39547