Cisco Technical Marketing Engineer in Richardson, Texas
Additional Location(s) or Information: Unites States Job Category: Engineer - Software Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #: R1011862
Description: The Business Entity
This Technical Marketing Engineering position is part of the Cisco Optical Systems product family.
The Team This position and team is based out of Richardson, Texas. At a very high-level, the TME is expected evangelize products and technologies, drive product direction in close collaboration with Product Managers and highlight competitive differentiator in order to meet the business objectives.
More specific responsibility of this TME role include: 1. CPOCs: The TME is expected to lead the all the technical proof of concept demonstrations/presentations.
2. SQT: The TME is expected to support customer specific System Qualification Testing at both Cisco and customer location.
3. EFT: The TME shall be expected to support EFTs.
4. EBC: The TME is expected to present technical presentations at the Executive Briefing Center 5. Trade Shows: The TME is expected to provide technical support for demos and conduct product/technology evangelization during the industry events.
6. Release TOI: The TME shall drive the new release training TOI to sales, partners and customers 7. RFx Support: The TME shall provide RFx response support as required 8. Network Design: The TME shall create/review/optimize transport network designs 9. Engineering Feedback: The TME is expected to work closely with the Architecture, Marketing, PLM and Engineering teams in terms of providing customer use cases and feedback 10. Competitive Strategy: The TME is expected to understand industry solutions' building blocks and derive competitive proposals.
Minimum Requirements: - Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related discipline with. Master's degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- In depth understanding of the following technologies: DWDM (high speed transponder technologies, modulations schemes, line side systems (EDFA, RAMAN, ROADMs) and Client optics), OTN, SONET/SDH, MPLS, MPLS-TP
- In depth knowledge of Element and Network Management systems
- Comfortable w/Scripting languages to develop automated testbeds
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong ambition to learn and drive new technologies
- Strong written and communication skills
- Work well in a team environment across multiple organizations
- Flexible to travel at up to 25% of the time supporting worldwide initiatives
Location: Richardson, TX About Cisco The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco
Keywords@WeAreCisco #hiring #Technical Marketing Engineer #Optical Networks #datacenter #network protocols #MPLS #software design #DWDM #location based System Qualification Testing
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: Cloud, Video, Collaboration
Technical Marketing Engineer Richardson TX US R1011862-en_US