Dell eCommerce Management Consultant - Round Rock, TX in Round Rock, Texas
Become a leader in the US Consumer & Small Business Online group at Dell.com. As one of the top eCommerce site in the world, over $1.2 billion in sales are transacted annually in our transactional online stores. Our mission is to provide the best customer experience for those who choose to build their system or purchase Dell products online.
The Online Merchandising and eCommerce Manager is responsible for the day-to-day execution of merchandising, pathing, and financial results in our transactional Consumer, Small Business, and Member Purchase Program online businesses. This person is integral to ensuring per-visit goals and other sales-driving programs and initiatives are accomplished. It is important that the candidate for this role be comfortable with process management, have an excellent attention to detail, and can successfully interact with people at many different levels in the organization. This person will lead a team of 8-10 online merchandisers.
Ideal candidate will have a track record of proven business results in marketing and online functions (search, online merchandising, content, navigation, web analytics, site taxonomy). Strong program/project management skills and a successful track record in a cross matrix environment are critical. Knowledge of Home & Employee Purchase markets is preferred. We are looking for a strong team player with a positive, energetic and "can-do" attitude.
- Execute campaigns and merchandising across the US Dell.com site in a compelling and effective manner.
- Work closely with the merchandising team and global creative hub to ensure that the needs of the US business are met for online campaigns.
- Ensure attainment of per-visit & URM goals in the US region of transactional dell.com.
- Develop and optimize pathing strategies on Dell.com to ensure maximum conversion and customer experience.
- Drive upsell and cross-sell to maximize Average Order Value.
- This person partners with the US Chat and Offline teams to both optimize the on-site experience, maximize sales potential, and hone the frictionless sales experience.
- Partner with stakeholders including Engineering, Brand, Site Merchandising, CoC, Pricing, Sku management, Implementation, Audit, Operations, and Marketing teams.
- Drive investment in key strategic areas, including online improvements in against 3-yr strategy and in alignment with eDell organization.
- Deliver on key performance metrics.
- Partner with marketing, sales, business operations, and global online to influence programs related to driving lead generation, campaigns, pricing, etc.
Improve online merchandising, promotional, and content management capabilities with existing functionality and future IT roadmap input to maximize customer consideration and conversion by participating in core teams (e.g personalization, Cart & Checkout, Electronics & Accessories, Browse enhancements, etc).
The manager has a strong grasp of the online/eCommerce space with excellent project management and communication skills.
- Passion for E-Commerce
- 5-10 years experience with full or partial P&L ownership
- 5-10 years experience with online experience projects
- 5-10 years experience working with and influencing cross-functional teams
- 5-10 years experience with Web Analytics (Omniture Site Catalyst preferred)
- 5-10 years experience with Multi-Variant Testing and A/B Testing programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational agility and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently, quickly and thoroughly under multiple deadlines
- Strong eye for detail and organization as well as the ability to focus on the “big picture”
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to balance the management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related discipline. MBA preferred. Required competencies/skills include:
- Drive for results
- Analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Customer focus
- Motivating/engaging others
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Job: *Marketing - E-Commerce Management
Organization: *Client Solutions
Title: eCommerce Management Consultant - Round Rock, TX
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 16000SNG