HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Practitioner - Days in Round Rock, Texas
Round Rock Medical Center
Located in Round Rock Texas (Austin Texas area)
Acute Care Services (orthopedics and Trauma)
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for conducting rounds on patients, performing assessments, coordinating and evaluating the plan of care, and implementing discharge plans at the direction and supervision of the Primary Physician permitted under Texas law. The NP also administers medications/treatments and assists with procedures as ordered by the Physicians. The NP works collaboratively with the healthcare team to assure the safe and accurate delivery of are. While the NP is subject to practice under the protocols established and approved by the medical staff as required by Texas law, in all other respects the NP is subject to the Hospital’s authority. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with patient assessments according to patient’s progress and/or unit protocols and age-specific parameters.
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet the patient’s needs and goals.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Provides education to patient/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard universal precautions.
- Administers and prescribes medications and completes treatments according to hospital policies and within age-specific parameters.
- Maintains and completes all necessary patient record documentation.
- Facilities admission and discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team, writes prescription orders to facilitate discharge process.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
§ Master’s Degree in Nursing
§ Graduate of accredited Nurse Practitioner program
§ Minimum of (1) year experience in ICU setting
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Licensed RN in the State of Texas.
- BLS Certification at the time of hire.
- ACLS Certification within (6) months of employment.
- DEA &DPS required to exercise prescriptive authority.
§ PALS Certification
§ 3 years orthopedic experience either as staff RN or NP.
§ 1 year experience in Level 1 or II Trauma preferred
Reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
Supervised by: Chief Nursing Officer, and Supervising Primary Care Physicians
Title: Nurse Practitioner - Days
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-49394