HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Access Team Lead (Full Time) in Round Rock, Texas
Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry’s largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
Responsible for providing feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor. Provide assistance to staff level employees as necessary to insure compliance with department policies and procedures. Assist supervisor with staffing, report reconciliation, QA process, and other duties as assigned.
Schedule: 6p-6a wed - sat
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to Supervisor.
• Oversee the daily activities of the registration area to insure department standards are met
• Assists Supervisor in educating registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in effort to maintain a teamwork approach
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives
• Collect/request deposits and copays
• Assume on-call responsibilities to insure adequate staffing and problem-solving
• Register all patient types
• Assists in resolving patient concerns
• Assist Supervisor to insure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of supervisor in his/her absence, and inform Supervisor of all issues upon his/her return
• Maintains effectiveness of patient flow
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by constantly meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
• Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
•High school diploma or GED required.
•3 years Patient Access experience preferred
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE),**Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
Title: Patient Access Team Lead (Full Time)
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08949-125612