Dell Software Development Principal Engineer - Round Rock, TX in Round Rock, Texas
Everyone has the potential for greatness. At Dell, we hire the best talent to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges to bring world-class solutions to our customers and make technology accessible to everyone. Our environment will provide you what you need to realize your full potential at Dell.
Dell Enterprise Solutions Group is looking for talented SW development professionals to contribute to the development of an Enterprise IT management platform aimed at simplifying Enterprise datacenter IT operations by automating infrastructure and workload provisioning and comprehensive lifecycle management.
We are hiring a Ruby Developer to lead our team through the design & development of an innovative management platform and ensure seamless integration with associated converged infrastructure architectures, to include; the latest in enterprise server, storage & networking & existing cloud software platforms.
Successful candidates are those who are excited about taking on the challenges of developing next-generation IT solutions and participating on a team that measures its release cycles in weeks not years. Must be an excellent team player, yet capable of working independently
- Function as a technical expert on software development team for projects pertaining to the automation, orchestration and provisioning of converged infrastructure solutions supporting private and public cloud environments while utilizing opensource technology (e.g. Puppet module)
- Provide deep expertise on the concepts related to Microsoft virtualization environments: Microsoft Windows Virtualization (Hyper-V) and Clustering, Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Virtual Machines., & Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- Ensure seamless integration with supported, Storage, Networking, and Software Platforms
- Perform infrastructure service implementations, performance analysis and optimization, monitoring, & problem resolution
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing product features by applying applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, other tools) for products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs.
- Participates in product development in all stages including planning, design, development, testing, implementation and post deployment support
- Execute given assignments in a self-directed manner, anticipate issues, and modify procedures as necessary.
Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
Required Experience and Education:
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 8 years hands-on Ruby programming language experience
- Experience with cloud deployment/configuration tools/software (e.g. Ansible, Salt, Chef, Razor, Puppet)
- Working understanding of data center protocols including: CIFS, NFS FC, FCoE, and iSCSI storage protocols; DNS, DHCP, LDAP, TCP/IP, and basic networking infrastructure such as switching and routing.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft virtualization environments: Microsoft Windows Virtualization (Hyper-V) and Clustering, Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Virtual Machines., & Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- Knowledge of Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices. Experience leading enterprise migrations
- Working knowledge of scripting and automation technologies, such as PowerShell, PDT, and DSC Demonstrated ability to transition customer projects to reusable IP
- Familiarity with VMWare & RedHat Virtualization/Cloud infrastructure environments Desired experience
- J2EE server side and REST API development
- Experience with Dell Enterprise, Server, Storage and Networking platforms
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation
- Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects
- Familiarity DC Virtualization/Cloud infrastructure environments: IaaS: Red Hat (OpenStack), VMware (vRealize) and Microsoft (Azure IaaS & System Center)
- Demonstrated knowledge of test driven development and virtues of coded unit tests.
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues and ability to work with diverse teams
Job: *Engineering - Software Development Engineer
Organization: *Infrastructure Solutions Group
Title: Software Development Principal Engineer - Round Rock, TX
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 16000S6J