Dell Sr Database Administrator (Mongo/NoSQL / SQL)-Dell Commerce Platform in Round Rock, Texas
• Provides database operations support, monitoring databases and backups, resolving repetitive and simple events and escalating more complex incident according to the standard operating procedures.
• Provides production database support with specific focus on availability, capacity, performance, security and recoverability. Performs database installation and configuration, tuning, capacity planning, health checks, backups & recovery and change management according to documented standards. Troubleshoots issues with database instances, DR, replication and backups and eliminates root causes thru systematic problem management practices.
• Provides database development/project support in compliance with database design standards. Designs and develops database systems to meet application and business requirements across multiple platforms and computing environments. Provides guidance on best practices
and standards and supports the project teams with database related activities throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Evaluates and certifies database technologies, while assisting in the management of vendor relationships and the definition of vendor product feature sets. Designs, develops and drives global implementation of database standards, tools and procedures throughout the IT organization.
• Ensures database security controls meet internal and external audit and compliance requirements. Implements database technologies for global standards, data classification, and data privacy according to regulatory guidelines.
* 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
4 Years MongoDB/ NoSQL Experience
Some MS SQL Server Experience
Experience with TSQL, Database Performance Optimization
Class 1 Production Application Support
Performance optimization for horizontally scaling in a high read and write transaction environment Preferred:
- Mongo DB Certified or other NoSQL DB Certification / Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
Job: *Information Technology - Database Administration
Title: Sr Database Administrator (Mongo/NoSQL / SQL)-Dell Commerce Platform
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 16000Q7O