Examinetics Occupational Health Specialist - Field Technician - San Antonio, TX in San Antoinio, Texas
Examinetics, Inc. is the nations largest provider of mobile occupational health screening and data management services. Our fleet of over 100 mobile units, provide consistency and flexibility for our clients testing needs. Our XM Solutions network provides online reporting for our clients data needs. Our on-site fleets and teams serve over 12,000 locations (and growing!) across the U.S.
Be Our Next Success Story!
The Occupational Health Specialist (OHS) is responsible for delivery of audiometric and respiratory testing to employees in an efficient and professional manner. This includes coordinating and reviewing testing schedules with appropriate plant personnel, driving the mobile unit to industrial sites, setting up and calibrating equipment, and administering and assuring tests are valid and complete. The OHS is responsible for delivery of all test results to the division office in a timely manner. The OHS is also responsible for keeping the mobile unit in good working order by conducting daily routine maintenance checks, necessary repairs and documenting all servicing and miles driven. The OHS is expected to work independently in the field, as well as work with other fellow OHS staff periodically.
- Ability to perform audiometric tests and explain the test results.
- Understand the highlights to the hearing conservation amendment.
- Ability to conduct a valid pulmonary test and explain FEV, FVC, and FEV/FVC.
- Knowledge of the NIOSH amendment.
- Basic understanding of the respirator fit test and appropriate regulations.
- Ability to administer the respirator questionnaire and obtain appropriate physiological documentation (blood pressure, height, weight, otoscopics, etc.).
- Ability to correctly complete the following: DOT log book, expense vouchers, time cards, correction logs, retest logs, summary sheets, maintenance logs, repair logs, octave band analysis prior to testing, pretest calls, safe driving techniques, mobile unit set-up/tear-down, and proper administration of all hearing and respiratory services.
- Understanding of all service definitions and respective flow rates.
Education, Skills and/or Experiences:
- 1-3 years' recent work experience in some form of customer service.
- Audiometric or medical experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of computers with good keyboarding skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Possess a high level of organizational and time management skills.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid drivers license and a good driving record - must be at least 21 years old.
- CAOHC and NIOSH certified (must be obtained during training).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to walk, sit, stand and drive extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to un-wheel/unwind up to 50 pounds.
- Work weekends and evenings, with extensive travel including out of state and overnight.
- Drive vehicle in a variety of weather conditions and to industrial areas of country.
- Travel by commercial airlines.
- Work in and around dust, gravel and other industrial site factors.
- Function in a mobile environment with constant change including sharing of vehicles and other lifestyle factors with limited privacy.
Examinetics participates in the US. On-line Employment Eligibility Verification System. By the third day of employment, Examinetics confirms all new hires are authorized by the Government to work in the USA. EEO.
Job Location: USA-TX-San Antoinio
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $12.00 - $15.00 Hourly
Travel Percentage: Road Warrior
Job Category: Health Care