Valero Accounting Coordinator - Wholesale Refined Products in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Process accounts receivable, accounts payable and related transactions in SAP according to established policies and procedures. Ensure all assigned transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner for cash collections, payment, and accounting close purposes:
- Verifies accuracy of pricing and volumes on customer and vendor invoices
- Reviews and interpret customer and vendor contracts and deal sheet terms.
- Analyzes financial statement data and prepare departmental reports throughout the month and during month end close.
- Conducts research on internal and external customer inquiries and make appropriate corrections with exceptional professionalism and customer service.
- Analyzes and process complicated issues and inquiries, including assisting others in the department with trouble shooting complex system issues.
- Prepares journal entries and product purchase wires and reconcile customer, vendor and general ledger accounts.
- Participates in various projects to improve overall department efficiency and effectiveness.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of three years of Accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting preferred.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, theories, and ability to apply them to the Corporation's accounting needs required.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2016, 11:04:49 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 16001LS