West Suburban Medical Center Billing Specialist in San Antonio, TX in San Antonio, Texas
Billing Specialist in San Antonio, TX (Job Number: 1605050053)
General Summary: Support billing and collections functions of the medical practice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Enter charges in a timely manner
- File claims and run/work audit trails daily
- Process ERAs, payments, and adjustments
- Balance daily activity- Prepare and send Batch Cover Sheet to Director and accounting
- Ensure that front office staff properly collects copays and balances due at time of service by auditing patient financial data up to 2 days before visit
- Review/work delinquent insurance and patient balances
- Work credit balances
- Run reports as requested by management or accounting
Education: High school diploma/GED required with completion billing or coding program preferred.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in medical billing
Other Requirements: None
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable collection process
- Knowledge of the Red Flag rules
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to complete billing tasks within compliance of the organization.
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lit office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 75 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder, using computers and telephones.
Primary Location: TX-San Antonio
Organization: Staff BHS MSO