USAA Black Belt in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Black Belt for our San Antonio, TX facility.Uses broad knowledge of the Six Sigma business discipline that utilizes common tools, processes, language and statistical methodology to design, develop and deploy robust products and processes, and execute data-based decisions to maximize customer and shareholder value. Uses statistics, problem solving and problem prevention tools to improve customer satisfaction. Uses Six Sigma methodologies, tools and processes and applies that knowledge to Black Belt Projects. Provides managerial, statistical, and problem solving methods to enable the organization to achieve business process improvement capabilities.
- Lead Process Improvement projects that deliver measureable business results.
- Build commitment to business process management and improvement through a focus on effective process development, integrated project/change management and implementation.
- Analyze and identify process improvement opportunities and partner with key stakeholders to scope and ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Serve as a technical leader in the deployment of Process Excellence through the application of process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN, and basic problem solving). Trains, coaches, and mentors all employees, to include Green Belts.Manages budgets on the low to medium range of project budgets. Monitor project execution to deliver incremental business value.
- Work with CFO team, Risk/Compliance, process improvement experts and other stakeholders to ensure projects achieve intended results, where risks are proactively identified and mitigated and benefits are validated.
- Provide expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
- 8+ years professional business experience with 4+ years process improvement work experience.
- Strong, proven experience with leadership, business acumen, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills in financial services or other highly regulated industry.
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization.
- Green Belt certified.
- Must complete Black Belt training and certification requirements within 12 months of assuming the role.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- Master's degree in engineering or business.
- 12+ years professional business experience with 6+ years process improvement work experience.
- Self starter who has led projects which have had significant, positive impact on member and employee experiences and contributed to business success.
- Highly seasoned and experienced LEAN leader/practitioner with a proven track record of end-to-end management of key strategic programs.
- Black Belt certified.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Black Belt TX-San Antonio R0001357