USAA Business Analyst-Senior in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Senior Business Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.The business analyst will work with Bank leadership teams to identify key opportunities for leveraging analytics across functions. Within assigned operational area, incumbent conducts analysis and evaluation of business data to identify solutions to moderate to complex business problems. Works to synthesize all relevant available data across the Bank and Enterprise to create insights that can shape strategy, improve decision-making, and drive value for all Bank businesses. Manipulates data for research to support the business in identifying problems and solutions. Duties may include the generation of regular and special reports and the recommendation of changes in methods or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Performs professional duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned.
- Applies advanced functional knowledge to produce complex work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives.
- Manages broad functional and Enterprise projects and/or participates as a SME project resource on larger initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates significant improvements to processes and systems.
- Performs complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
- Serves as a coach and on-the-job trainer for other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects
- Advanced knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
Last day to apply to the opening is 10/23/16 by 11:00pm CST time.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Applying innovative analytic approaches to address business problems and solutions
- Influencing business strategies and solutions at the most senior levels
- Communicating the output and business implications of highly technical analysis in a way that is compelling and easily understood by leadership outside the analytics community
- Advanced knowledge of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative techniques, as well as decision science industry best practices
- Holistic understanding of the business operations and scientific/quantitative analytics
- Demonstrated experience in conducting market research
- Experience with data mining tools such as SAS, SQL, and Tableau
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Business Analyst-Senior TX-San Antonio R0001352