USM, An EMCOR Company Commercial Maintenance Technician - Entry Level in San Antonio, Texas
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Commercial Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: Reports to Operations Manager in an assigned geographical territory to perform preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on buildings, equipment and grounds. Utilizes multiple trade skills to solve maintenance problems. Maintains commercial properties by self-performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes defined field inspections on a scheduled basis so as to incorporate feedback on supplier effectiveness and client feedback. Includes service inspections, and asset inspections. Performs assigned work orders according to schedule. Obtains necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Performs minor facility maintenance on commercial properties
- Identifies out of scope work opportunities and presents to Operations Manager to be decided on.
- Fully utilizes technology (routing software, tablets, smartphone, and company vehicles) to drive productivity and continuous improvement for service delivery to our customers.
- Creates a positive climate with the client, provides and generates customer satisfaction. Maintains timely and consistent communications with applicable Service Delivery and Procurement Department.
- Attends weekly toolbox safety meetings with Operations Manager and other associates. Utilizes mandatory safety equipment to perform tasks. Obtains and completes EFS required training.
- Completes other duties as assigned or required.
- HS Diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Trades (HVAC, Locksmith, Electrical, Plumbing, etc), Landscaping, or Specialty Floor Care, preferred.
- 0 - 2 years of experience as a Maintenance helper
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems or document management Database software, including but not limited to smartphone, tablet/iPad, Microsoft office, Lotus Notes, MS office (word, Excel)
- Works with Commercial Maintenance Technicians
- Daily local travel between properties.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Commercial Maintenance Technician - Entry Level
Date Posted: 9/21/2016
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1446215450