USAA Decision Science Analyst-Lead in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
This position is open for possible W@H opportunities
We are currently seeking talented Lead Decision Science Anlst for our San Antonio, TX or Remote facility.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science Analyst involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to lead discussions with cross-functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies. The business problems analyzed are typically large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Organizes and oversees the development of requirements/resources necessary to meet objectives.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to all levels of management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA). Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews. Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Monitors, understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers complex analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences senior executives, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy. Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results. Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline (Four years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience) OR A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field OR A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 8+ years experience in a decision support analytic function. 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience Or If Master's Degree, 6+ years experience in a decision support analytic function. 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience Or If PhD, 5+ years experience in a decision support analytic function 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Demonstrates expert skills in statistics, operations research, supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods (including methods for unstructured text analytics), or other mathematical techniques and approaches to drive fact-based decision-making
- Extensive knowledge of industrial-organizational psychology research and trends along with practical applications, including measurement techniques
- Extensive experience presenting and communicating findings/recommendations to cross-functional teams and/or leadership.
- Extensive experience with statistical programming languages, including SAS, SPSS, Python, R, Tableau or other analysis software
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence at all levels of management.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Decision Science Analyst-Lead TX-San Antonio R0013360