USAA Development Product Owner in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Development Product Owner I for our San Antonio, TX facility.This job represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. This position serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Can work independently on medium to large complexity efforts, or in support of a Senior or Lead on larger efforts.
- Incumbents work efforts in different technologies (infrastructure, mobile, MSR-facing), and/or with vendor partnerships or software.
- May be an expert in a particular business or system domain.
- Identify and engage and influence business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Work with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand and validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serve as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assist with project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Review, and when appropriate, accept and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Review and accept or decline output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepare the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Assists with coaching less experienced DPOs and team members.
- 4 or more years of related Mortgage banking experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Bachelor degree OR 4 additional years of related Mortgage banking experience beyond the minimum required.
- Proficient knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
Last day to apply to the opening is 10/23/16 by 11:00pm CST time.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor degree
- 6+ years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line or relevant work experience with Agile
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles (i.e., Agile, Waterfall)
- Experience in system/LOS implementations
- Experience in building and enhancing digital tools and solutions
- Experience in business operation transformation
Knowledge/Skills/Attributes - Business Acumen - Collaboration - Communication - Demonstrate Adaptability - Drive for Results - Innovation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Development Product Owner TX-San Antonio R0001437