USAA Director of Real Estate Lending in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Director Real Estate Lending for our San Antonio, TX facility.Directly leads Managers operating in a Loan Officer model focused on Mortgage Originations in the attainment of business goals and objectives. Fosters collaboration and leads employees and teams to achieve a shared member service vision. Proactively identifies improvements to products, processes and the delivery of service. Responsible for oversight and managing program priorities, budget, and continuous planning cycle activities. Plans, directs, leads and manages resources in optimizing cross-business integration of program plans and supporting business processes to meet member needs as defined in the program and/or project requirements. Organizes and directs the execution of operational and strategic business plans.
- Serves as a team leader and coach to a team of managers, responsible for leading loan officer professionals focused on a variety of products within RE Lending.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of Bank Real Estate products and regulations. Ensures that all departmental goals are met by communicating management objectives to all areas and by providing feedback in relation to these goals.
- Identifies opportunities to improve products, processes and service to achieve strategic and tactical goals. Supports achievement of business objectives through effective management of resources and effective pipeline management.
- Responsible for new employee selection, employee development, performance evaluation, behavior modification, career counseling, resolution of employee issues and all manager related administrative functions in support of own team and others within the Real Estate department as needed.
- Responsible for teams providing the member with the appropriate product solutions to meet his/her needs, revenue/product goal attainment, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Consults with executive management and serves as a liaison to internal and external partners on department and enterprise strategies.
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning and implementation processes to assure that management is knowledgeable of process, goals, objectives and strategies. Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress toward achievement of business goals, objectives, strategies and action plan results.
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis of internal/external business data including industry best practices, regulatory practices and competitive information.
- Oversees processes and programs to ensure efforts meet defined objectives, follow a structured timeline and are delivered on-schedule and within budget, including dashboard monitoring, metrics synthesis and quality assurance methods.
- Assists with the establishment and oversight of vendor performance measurements; assists with developing strategies and programs to ensure a high level of vendor efficiency; offers insight to EMG in regard to vendor performance, reports results, and identifies opportunities for improved performance.
- Monitors the Loan Officer model and assists with early warning detection, problem triage, solution development and efficiency and upgrade implementation.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Relation to Other Positions
- This position is a director-level, people manager role responsible for one or more member contact team(s) and manager(s). Position reports directly to a RE Lending Executive
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years of progressive related experience
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience
- Subject-matter-expert understanding of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products
- Subject-matter-expert level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
- Accredited Mortgage Professional and/or Certified Mortgage Banker
- 5+ years of progressively responsible management and/or large scale project/process management within the RE lending industry
- Experience with secondary markets (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, etc) and experience with regulatory requirements (RESPA, TILA, and CFPB)
- Experience managing or working in a call center environment supporting mortgage business
- Process Excellence
Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.
Licenses Must be SAFE Act Certified and/or certifiable. In addition to other USAA applicant screenings, individuals hired for positions responsible for mortgage loan origination, processing and closing must be federally registered on the National Mortgage and Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) after being hired. The NMLSR will require individuals to provide identification information, financial services related employment history, and disclose certain criminal, civil judicial or regulatory/licensing actions that have been brought against them. It also requires that they be fingerprinted for an FBI background check.
Knowledge/Skills/Attributes -Advanced knowledge of Real Estate Lending and regulatory changes that affect the real estate lending process. -Advanced knowledge of real estate lending, documentation, policies, and procedures -Strong written and verbal communication skills. -Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. -Develops positive working relationships with others, and effectively maintains them over time. -Exhibits results-oriented attitude and behavior to accomplish business goals. -Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to multitask and respond to problems as they arise, including assisting lower skilled loan officers as needed. -Possesses critical thinking skills and decision making abilities. -Strong customer service skills. -Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Director of Real Estate Lending TX-San Antonio R0001314