USAA Enterprise Strategy & Planning Executive in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
This position leads corporate and line of business strategy development at USAA in support of USAA Senior Executive Management (CEO, COO and EC members) decision making. In addition, this position is responsible for strategic and operational planning and strategic change management. The Enterprise Strategy and Planning Executive creates shared alignment around a vision, clarifies the company's strategy, and ensures the strategic and operational plans and associated work connects to corporate goals. The Executive is responsible for designing shared enterprise capabilities and dependencies; driving change, driving and influencing decision-decision making that will result in both the short and long-term growth of the Association.
- Collaborates with USAA Sr Executive Management (CEO, COO, and EC members) to influence and develop long term strategies at the enterprise level; defines strategic corporate objectives.
- Communicates and implements USAA strategy internally and externally so that all stakeholders understand the company-wide strategic plan and how it aligns with the company's overall goals.
- Drive decision-making that creates medium – and long-term improvement.
- Establishes and reviews key strategic priorities and translates them into a comprehensive strategic plan (actionable and quantitative). Monitors execution of the strategic plan; develops inclusive planning processes.
- Develops, mobilizes and manages executive leaders and high performing teams of professionals that deliver exceptional results.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related discipline required.
- 15 years business leadership experience with at least 10 years executive management experience in two or more of the following areas: corporate strategy, strategy consulting, product strategy or development, marketing strategy, operations.
- Intimate understanding of what makes USAA successful and how it will continue to be successful in the future. A deep understanding of the consumer oriented financial services industry and the trends and dynamics driving change in this sphere.
- Strong product and line of business skills in several USAA’s lines of business or in financial services.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovative thinking and the capability to successfully implement strategy. Expert at interpersonal interactions and building alliances/networks.
- Ability to work within and across business lines to establish specific plans, deliverables and measurable objectives
- Proven ability to influence and direct cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- An established understanding of the strategic planning process and the ability to lead a large, multi-faceted team through the process. With the ability to innovate and think strategically with a proven “hands-on” approach.
- M.B.A. or other graduate degree in business, finance or related field.
- Previous strategy consulting firm experience (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, BCG)
- Product Management
- Superior intelligence and intellect with combined passion, energy, and contagious enthusiasm.
- Strong affinity for the USAA mission and its membership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand, simplify, and clearly articulate complex issues.
Enterprise Strategy & Planning Executive TX-San Antonio R0001385