Accenture Federal - SAP BW-EDW Technical Consultant in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Title: Federal - SAP BW-EDW Technical Consultant Location: USA-TX - San Antonio Job Number: 00418647
Organization: Accenture Federal Services Location: San Antonio, TX
Great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
The San Antonio Delivery Center is part of the Accenture's US Delivery Center organization, which is comprised of six delivery centers that create client value through innovative technology solutions primarily focused in Application Outsourcing, ERP solutions, Information Management Services, and Net Centric solutions.
The BW Operations Technical Consultant is responsible for supporting and maintaining day to day operations of the enterprise data warehouse. May include scheduling, monitoring, and troubleshooting extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data into the enterprise data warehouse, archiving/nearlining jobs, loading of data/indexes into data acceleration applications, execution of extracts out of the enterprise data warehouse, and performance tuning of poor performing process in coordination with the application development teams. The BW Operations Lead will oversee a small team of BW Operations Specialists and ensure best practices and correct diagnosis and troubleshooting steps are followed. The BW Operations Lead will serve as a technical escalation point of contact and have strong collaboration skills required to coordinate with multiple remote technical teams. The BW Operations Lead has a range of analytic and diagnostic skills and and knowledge of the technologies and applications supported by Client Service Teams.
The BW Operations Technical Consultant is required to be part of a rotation scheduled for work outside of normal business hours (including nights and weekends) and participate in pager/on-call support. Key Responsibilities:
- Be prepared to execute all required process steps as defined in our methodologies
- Analyze processes for errors or performance problems
- Coordinate with technical teams, vendors, and external partners as required to resolve hardware or software or network connection issues
- Create or maintain operational documentation or job aids
- Meet service commitments for availability of data or delivery of data to customers and proactively escalate risks and issues to supervisors
- Continuously develop technical knowledge and associated skills
- Review logs and automated reports to proactively anticipate, identify, track and resolve risks or areas of concern affecting the enterprise data warehouse
- Accountable for results of team efforts by maintaining workplans and project status to meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Support career development (e.g. coaching, training, etc.) for team members. May include providing performance feedback for all assigned Accenture, Subcontractor, and Teaming Partner team members.
- Assists team members in completing their work and acquiring skills in their assigned areas. Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
US citizen (no dual citizenship)
4-year technical degree (i.e. computer science, information systems, etc) or equivalent professional experience in industry
2 years of analytical reporting design and architecture experience using SAP BW/EDW
3 year of technical development experience in SAP Business Warehouse (7.0 or higher)
1 year of testing experience Preferred Skills:
Technical administration or development experience in any of the following technologies: - SAP ECC/BW/HANA/ABAP - SQL - US Federal Government IT experience - Exposure to Systems Lifecycle Methodology - Exposure to Production Application Support - Strong oral and written communication skills - Government security clearance. - Strong Facilitation Skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Job: Software Engineering