Valero Financial Accounting Specialist in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
The job impacts the Company’s ability to deal with accounting issues on a timely basis and to help ensure that accounting conclusions are supportable to the Company’s external auditors and to the SEC. The scope of this job is very broad as conclusions reached can and do have significant impact on the manner in which the Company reports transactions in its publicly filed financial statements.
- Reviews all financial-related SEC filings drafted by External Reporting for accuracy.
- Performs technical research on accounting matters and assists with the drafting of the Company’s position paper.
- Performs initial review of material contracts that primarily relate to the purchase of goods and/or services or the leasing of property by the Company.
- Prepares and analyzes for reasonableness the financial reports for presentation of financial results to management.
- Prepares documents to support the information included in public filings/financial statements (i.e., earning release supporting schedules, related analytics package, etc.) that is moderate to high in complexity.
- Prepares and records journal entries related to moderate to high risk matters at month-end that are necessary to properly reflect the rights and obligations of the joint ventures.
- Assists management with ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting required.
- Minimum five years of Accounting experience, equivalent Public Accounting, and/or Auditing experience required.
- Current CPA license required.
- Minimum one year of Public Accounting or related experience required.
- Experience with the various government and professional organizations in the United States that promulgate accounting standards, interpretations and guidance required.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), theories, and ability to apply them to the Company’s accounting needs required.
- Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Experience working with SAP preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Oct 14, 2016, 2:49:21 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 16001LT