Work closely with the Front End Team Leader and Associate Team Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the Front End Team. Assist with personnel issues, supervision of Team Members and day-to-day flow of the department. Provide exemplary service to customers and support the team leadership in maintaining regional standards. Know all functions of the register system and all Whole Foods Market cash handling procedures and regulations
· Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service.
· Actively manage work flow on the front end, manage customer flow and report performance and policy issues to the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
· Establish and maintain a positive work environment that supports a high Team Member morale.
· Assist in training of new Team Members to build and sustain a high-performance team, utilizing learning checklists and training materials. May also assist with interviewing.
· Oversee the department and resolve difficult customer situations.
· Create a labor schedule to leverage productivity within the needs of the department, determine break schedule and ensure all necessary breaks are given.
· Communicate with the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader on all team concerns and support the Team Leader in monitoring Team Member performance.
· Support all Whole Foods Market programs (Global, Regional, Store, etc).
· Maintain excellent cash handling standards; follow and enforce cash handling procedures and policies.
· Communicate and maintain Team Member safety and security standards and follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities of a Cashier and all tasks assigned to the Customer Service booth.
· This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
· Previous Front End or Customer Service experience required.
· Knowledge of Front End Team procedures and policies.
· Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
· Ability to prioritize effectively and delegate responsibilities.
· Proactive in all aspects of the job.
· Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
· Strong organizational skills and basic computer skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
· Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
· Use of box cutters.
Essential Job Functions:
Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and
below shoulders and squat.
Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Close Date: [[closeDate]]