Bass Pro Shops GROUP SALES MANAGER - FISHING/CAMPING in San Antonio, Texas
Supervises one or more of the Sales Departments within the store to include merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, staff selection and development and customer service activities.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Meet or exceed all financial plans as set by the Company
3) Execute all Sales plans as directed by the Company
4) Opens and Closes the Store
5) Has “Manager on Duty” responsibilities
6) Maintain planograms as set by the Corporate Office
7) Staff the Departments with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training, prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment
8) Resolves customer and associate issues
9) Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years in Retail Management, with responsibility for one or more Sales Departments.
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management.
Spanning destination retail, boat manufacturing and award-winning resorts, Bass Pro Shops is an innovative pioneer in connecting everyone to the great outdoors. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting with more than 100 retail and marine centers that host 120 million people annually. White River Marine Group at http://www.whiterivermg.com/ , part of the Bass Pro family, is the largest manufacturer of boats in the world by volume offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands including TRACKER®, SUN TRACKER®, NITRO®, TAHOE®, REGENCY®, MAKO®, RANGER®, TRITON®, STRATOS® and ASCEND®. The company also operates Big Cedar Lodge at http://www.bigcedar.com/ – America’s Premier Wilderness Resort, along with other restaurants, nature-based attractions and resort destinations.
Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”
Bass Pro Shops is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.