The GEO Group HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR in San Antonio, Texas
We are seeking an experienced Healthcare Administrator to join a dynamic Facility Management team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leading organization that provides diversified services to government agencies around the globe. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a network of career opportunities.
As a Healthcare Administrator you will manage and evaluate all facility health service activities based on company, contractual, and healthcare policies and procedures, goals and objectives. You will implement all contractually required services, manage a department budget and seek to improve the operational efficiencies of the facility’s health service program. Working in unison with regional and corporate management, you will be a liaison between facility staff, contracting agencies and compliance agencies on healthcare-related matters.
Other responsibilities of the Administration role include:
- Managing the overall operations of the facility’s healthcare operations.
- Ensuring the needs of the facility are consistently being met.
- Ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the company.
- Utilizing established policies and procedures in making decisions.
- Directing the work of other employees and contract providers.
- Hiring employees and evaluating work performance.
- Conducting employee training, promotions and disciplinary action including termination.
- Ensuring adequate staffing to meet the needs of the detainees/inmates.
- Assuming any role needed and accepting 24/7 on-call status.
- Ensuring appropriate licensure and insurance coverage of all personnel.
- Monitoring and taking appropriate action as needed on operational issues.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws and physical safety requirements.
- Ensuring proper accreditation of the medical program is attained.
- Completing and submitting regular operational reports.
- Recommending improvements for operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Obtaining outside bids for ancillary services.