Americold Maintenance Tech - San antonio in San Antonio, Texas
AmeriCold Logistics, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US, is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the team at our San Antonio, TX facility.
Work independently performing routine general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, plumbing, lift truck equipment, material handling equipment, ammonia refrigeration, boilers, sprinkler systems, and carpentry.
1. Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
2. Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
3. Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Test and calibrate HVAC equipment.
4. Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
5. Maintain batteries and chargers in working order in accordance withy OSHA Standard.
6. Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
7. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
8. Answer security alarm calls as needed.
9. Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
10. Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
High school graduation or GED or an appropriate combination of education and experience
- 1 - 5 years maintenance mechanic experience
- Must have successfully completed four (4) or more RETA courses preferred
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
- Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades
- Must have successfully completed HAZMAT responder training
- Must be able to work flexible shifts if required
- Must be able to respond to facility after hours “call backs”
- Must have immediately level knowledge of OSHA PSM program
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is required to constantly function in a cold environment. The associate is frequently required to lift up to 80 lbs.; stand; handle objects; sit; use close vision; and use distance vision. The associate is occasionally required to bend, twist, kneel, climb and hear.
Keyword: Warehouse Maintenance, Warehouse Mechanics