West Suburban Medical Center Medical Assistant - Managed Care Plans in San Antonio, Texas
Medical Assistant - Managed Care Plans (Job Number: 1605049840)
General Summary: A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of HEDIS and PQRS Measures
- Perform quality check and audits of medical records for HEDIS/PQRS measures
- Perform patient outreach
- Identify and monitor trends and quality risks
- Collaborate with Trainer to identify training needs and assist with the training
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Complete and Review Manage Care forms for clinic based on schedules and patient data
- Review various reports for accuracy and to report to Manager
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
Education: High school diploma/GED preferred with completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program
Certification: Medical Assistant and CPR certification
Experience: Must have a minimum of one year of experience working in a physician office
Knowledge: 1. Basic understanding of medical terminology. 2. Knowledge of medical office procedures and process. 3. Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments. 4. Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits. 5. Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers. 6. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care. Skills: 1. Skill in problem solving. 2. Skill in computer hardware and software use. 3. Skill in verbal and written communication. 4. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives. 5. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action. 6. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public. 7. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives. 8. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures. Abilities: 1. Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly. 2. Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and instruments. 3. Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or graphic instructions. 4. Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively. 5. Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures. 6. Ability to set priorities among multiple requests. 7. Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively. 8. Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Must be able to operate medical office devices as well as standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc. Work Environment: Position is in a well-lit office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work. Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves standing, bending, crouching or stooping approximately 75 percent of the day, walking or sitting the remainder, using computers and telephones. Ability to push, pull or lift objects greater than 50 pounds. Must have ability to hear/ascertain heart, breath and bowel sounds. Must be able to visually discern pumps and monitors. Must be able to write legibly.
Primary Location: TX-San Antonio
Organization: Staff BHS MSO