West Suburban Medical Center Patient Access Rep III / Baptist Orthopedic Hospital - North Central Baptist in San Antonio, Texas
Patient Access Rep III / Baptist Orthopedic Hospital - North Central Baptist (Job Number: 1605049862)
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for a Patient Access Representative III.
Responsible for a wide range of duties in support of departmental efficiencies which may include but not limited to performing registration, patient pre-admission and admission, reception and discharge functions, arranging support Hospital services requested by patients through referrals, performs thorough analysis of admission discharge transfers (ADT), Revenue Cycle Reports, leads shift Patient Access Operations, and collaborates with Department leaders in process and operational excellence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software/system/equipment/PCs.
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
- Advance Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology required
- Advanced Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Advanced Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
- Advanced Patient Liability Collection performance and high achievement in productivity.
- Must be able to perform essential job duties in at least three Patient Access service areas including ED
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preffered to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-4 years experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area.
- 2+ years in Patient Access preferred.
- Some college coursework is preferred
Primary Location: TX-San Antonio