USAA Portfolio Strategist in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Portfolio Strategist for our San Antonio, TX facility.Independently, develops and recommends strategies for achieving investment goals of the organization. Forecasts market changes and monitors trends. Forecast investment portfolio cash flow. Provide financial advisory services on developing investment strategies and/or asset allocation for USAA.
- Forecast investment portfolio cash flows in future time periods. Develop plans to add new assets and rebalance the portfolio. Provide scenario analysis to support stress testing.
- Applies advanced knowledge to analyze performance and structure of USAA institutional portfolios and presents analysis to portfolio investment committees. Assists with implementation of portfolio strategies.
- Monitors financial markets and economic trends and assesses impact on assigned portfolios. Applies advanced knowledge to develop changes to portfolio strategies, presents strategies to portfolio investment committees, and oversee implementation of changes to portfolios.
- Provides financial advisory services supporting treasury operations, asset /liability management and capital management functions.
- Performs complex work assignments and problem resolution
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of a complex nature. Provides guidance and /or on- the- job training to less experienced co-workers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related quantitative field of study
- 4+ years financial analysis work experience
- CFA or CFA Candidate
- Master's Degree in a related field
Knowledge/Skills/Attributes - Demonstrated critical thinker with good business judgment - Demonstrated innovative and problem solving skills - Demonstrated ability to learn quickly - Demonstrated strong advisory skills - Demonstrated leadership ability - Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively - Demonstrated ability to apply strong disciplined thinking and reasoning skills to prioritize, analyze and make recommendations to solve strategic financial business problems and opportunities with minimal supervision. - Demonstrated ability to develop insights that influence and drive action within senior finance and senior business management by using fact based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives. - Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work within time constraints - Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - Programming language, such as R
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Portfolio Strategist TX-San Antonio R0001281