West Suburban Medical Center Practice Development Manager - San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas
Practice Development Manager - San Antonio (Job Number: 1605050608)
The TPR Practice Development Manager is responsible for strategically planning and implementing business/practice development, marketing, and other outreach efforts focusing on Tenet Employed Physicians in the assigned target market. The position primarily focuses on two areas: increasing the number of new patient medical staff office (MSO) visits to Tenet employed physicians, developing and improving hospital referral relationships with and between Tenet employed physicians in the service area, and increasing the number of worked Relative Value Units (RVUs) by Tenet employed physicians.
Other responsibilities include oversight of the following areas involving physician on-boarding, physician relations, community outreach, and marketing.
Other Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for strategically planning and implementing visits to Tenet-employed physicians, physician office staffs and other potential referral sources (including free-standing Emergency Rooms and Urgent Care Centers) throughout the primary and secondary markets, including managing and organizing physician to physician meetings to build referral networks and maximizing patient utilization of Tenet inpatient and outpatient facilities in the market by collaborating with Tenet hospital Physician Relations Managers (PRMs).
• Emphasize business development and volume building objectives based on market assessments and physician needs, as well as oversee the maintenance of good account relationships and the development and implementation of innovative practice patient visit volume building ideas and methodologies.
• Meets routinely with physicians (e.g., office visits, scheduled meetings, patient referral patterns, etc.) to understand how they might increase physician and patient satisfaction, throughput, patient visit and volumes, hospital utilization, and outpatient service capabilities.
• Coordinate with Market Operations, Onboarding Team, and Hospital A-Team on new physician’s on-boarding process for smooth opening/transition of practice, including credentialing, implementation of volume building checklist, speaking engagements, screening events hosted by Tenet hospitals, referral networking, etc.; engage in pre-opening marketing, and community outreach, and medical staff networking activities.
• Assume responsibility for overall execution of consistent physician volume building strategies throughout the Market with a primary focus of increasing patient volumes (MSO visits).
• Work with hospital A-Team and directors to communicate operational and service issues, as identified by physicians and follow up with physicians as to resolution of the issue.
*Local travel within the San Antonio market
• Qualified candidates will have a minimum of three years successful and verifiable sales experience. Healthcare experience is preferred with a heavy emphasis on physician practice marketing strategies and patient volume growth.
• Experience in physician relations, network development or a similar role in hospital marketing and business development.
• Ability to package and articulate benefits of change/value propositions to physicians and their staffs.
• Be an exceptional team player and able to work with others on cooperative strategies and tactics to the benefit of market goals.
• Excellent human relations skills are required. Thorough knowledge of global physician healthcare issues, including managed care/reimbursements, physician and hospital-based practice operational issues and physician/medical staff credentialing and governance.
• Ability to understand basic referral trends and sources and interpret/relate such data to market research.
• Must be knowledgeable of standards and laws applicable to physician recruiting, business development, and physician planning issues.
• Strong project management skills and follow-through from vision to execution, with measurable results to the bottom line.
• Excellent at team building and motivating people. Able to instill a higher level of enthusiasm, energy and dedication to all employees
•Knowledge of marketing/advertising techniques to support business development a plus!
Primary Location: TX-San Antonio
Organization: Tenet Physician Resources