USAA Program-Project Manager (Non-IT) in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
Leads people who perform project management duties involving cross-functional teams focused on delivery of internal products or administrative systems. Oversees plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. Monitors programs/projects from initiation through delivery and interfacing with internal customers or department personnel. Organizes project activities and interdepartmental meetings; ensures communication facilitates completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints. May assign and monitor work of technical personnel providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives.
We are currently seeking talented Director Program-Project (Non-IT) for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Directly manages individual contributors and/or people-managers.
- Performs workload management and prioritization duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned.
- Applies subject-matter-expert functional knowledge to lead subordinate workers in producing work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates major improvements to processes and systems.
- Develops functional policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Performs complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
- Serves in an advanced managerial capacity and has responsibility for performance management and professional development activities for subordinate workers.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or applicable field/discipline or 4 additional years of directly related work experience.
- 8+ years relevant experience in project or program management or completion of the JMO Program.
- 4+ years leadership or management experience in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience Managing title processing within a financial services company or the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Experience developing and leading teams.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills with an ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis, identify trends, and recommend corrective course of action.
Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Program-Project Manager (Non-IT) TX-San Antonio R0001309