USAA Regulatory Reporting Advisor in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
The Regulatory Reporting Advisor II performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution to ensure accurate and timely regulatory financial reporting. Performs research and analysis of proposed changes to reports and/or variance drivers as assigned. Supports audits and examinations by preparing supporting work papers and schedules. May assist in the preparation of responses to special surveys and data calls from state and regulatory bodies. Participates in the development and implementation of team initiatives as a team resource.
We are currently seeking talented Regulatory Reporting Advisor II for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Utilizes maturing industry and accounting knowledge in the end-to-end preparation and delivery of moderately complex regulatory reporting requirements.
- Performs detailed peer-review of reports which may include Reserves, Risk-Based Capital, Monitoring, Federal Reserve (Y-reports, TIC reports, etc) and Insurance Statutory reports in addition to audited statements and support schedules in preparation for final review by management.
- Researches and provides recommendations regarding changes to reports as assigned, including new line items and updated instructions.
- Assists with audits, examinations and ad-hoc surveys by coordinating receipt of support from business partners and preparation of supporting work papers and schedules.
- Responsible for internal controls to ensure proper referencing for peer and management review documentation over owned reports and assignments.
- Acquires and applies maturing knowledge of the business, its products, and/or processes.
- Resolve issues and identifies appropriate issues for escalation.
- Performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Two-Four years external regulatory reporting or other relevant work experience (ie, regulatory or management reporting for Insurance, Banking, and/or Investments)
- Proficiency in applicable Microsoft Office applications
- General knowledge of data analysis
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in Statutory Reporting for Property & Casualty and/or Life Insurance.
- Working knowledge of The Complete Package (TCP) and/or Workiva's Wdesk.
- CPA; Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/14/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Regulatory Reporting Advisor TX-San Antonio R0011419