HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Clinical Educator (NICU) - Education and Training in San Antonio, Texas
Methodist Children’s Hospital is the first hospital in San Antonio to be exclusively designed for child care. Our facility offers outstanding pediatric services in many specialty areas including pediatric heart surgery, pulmonology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, newborn and pediatric intensive care, oncology and emergency services. Since 1998, we have worked to build a reputation that has made Methodist Children’s Hospital the most preferred children’s hospital in San Antonio. We understand that children are not just ‘little adults’ and require a different kind of medical care. Our experienced team of medical professionals, pediatricians, nurses, child-life specialists, technicians and administrators focus on family-centered care to ensure that a child’s family feels welcome and understands treatment options. We acknowledge that children are still learning and growing and that a hospital can be a fearful place for them, and we work hard to create positive healing experiences for each child and their families. As part of Methodist Healthcare, Methodist Children’s Hospital shares the organization’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God. This is our promise to you and to our community.
General Statement of Duties:
The RN Clinical Educator is a professional nurse with in-depth scientific knowledge, technical expertise, skill and competency and is qualified as an educator. The educator serves as a consultant/resource in specialty area and as a change agent by suggesting new or innovative approaches that result in an improvement in quality. Is the primary nurse educator for assigned unit.
*Essential Job Functions: * 1. Develops plans and presents educational activities within areas of expertise and directly or indirectly fosters the development of competence in the learner. 2. Works with intra-or interdisciplinary teams, brainstorms and problem solves and participates in strategic planning. 3. Serves as a change agent at the organizational, facility and department level. Facilitates the initiation of, adoption of, and adaptation to change and influences the necessary policies and procedures. 4. Assists individuals and groups in defining problems, identification of internal and external educational resources, and selecting educational options. Provides feedback to the learners and organization related to the effectiveness of the learning and learning activity. 5. Integrates research into practice and develops staff members’ knowledge and skills in the research process, as well as fosters the use of systematic evaluative research with regard to clinical, educational, and managerial data. Evaluates outcomes of educational endeavors and tracks learner outcomes in line with evidence-based practice. 6. Manages overall program activities, including human and monetary resources. Ensures that educational activities are congruent with the organization’s mission, vision and goals. Models behaviors that reflect participation and leadership in activities within the organization, such as serving in key roles on committees, councils, and administrative teams.
*Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Master's in Science in Nursing degree or related field preferred.
- Experience: Two years minimum clinical experience in acute care nursing. Three (3) to Five (5) years clinical experience preferred.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Preferred: Prior experience in clinical nursing teaching, curriculum design, course development in a nursing academic organization and/or staff development preparation and delivery in acute healthcare setting or clinical Simulation Learning environment. *Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Required: RN License to practice professional registered nursing in the state of Texas.
- Preferred: Certification in the nursing practice area to include: Nursing Professional Development certification from the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC); or Academic Nurse Educator from the Nation League for Nursing (NLN).
Title: RN Clinical Educator (NICU) - Education and Training
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 02531-67059