USAA Senior Development Product Owner in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Senior Development Product Owner (Agile Product Owner) for our San Antonio, TX facility.Technical project management staff may conduct projects in any technical area of the digital organization. Guides multi-disciplinary technology teams in the achievement of technical project objectives for largest, most complex, or strategic, technology projects or programs. Facilitates team information and work flow. Participates in removing barriers to timely and cost effective project completion. May use agile development methodologies. Develops and documents technical project schedules, milestones and budgets for team. Typically shares budget, schedule, milestone and cost / benefit decision-making responsibilities, but not accountability, with technology executives and managers. Communicates project status to stakeholders. Writes technical specifications. Coordinates and tracks technology project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes. Assists team members and leaders in making cost / benefit decisions. Leads project meetings. SCOPE: Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects. Typically assigned to strategic / complex undertakings. KNOWLEDGE / PROBLEM SOLVING: Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of the professional function and advanced in-depth specialization in some. Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. NEGOTIATIONS / INTERACTIONS: Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions. Presents issues to and works with management to resolve critical resource conflicts.
- Performs professional duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned.
- Applies advanced functional knowledge to produce complex work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives.
- Manages broad functional and Enterprise projects and/or participates as a SME project resource on larger initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates significant improvements to processes and systems.
- Performs complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
- Serves as a coach and on-the-job trainer for other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Advanced knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Senior Development Product Owner TX-San Antonio R0001282