Chesapeake Energy Corporation Sr. Health & Safety Representative in San Antonio, Texas
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This senior-level professional position, with limited supervision, is responsible for developing, maintaining, and communicating effective health and safety programs, policies and procedures for the organization. Also for providing technical guidance related to environmental issues, investigation and projects. May also develop and conduct training and awareness programs to operational personnel, contract personnel, and local community constituents.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, implements and oversees the organization's health and safety programs, policies and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities and to ensure that all facilities are in compliance with government safety regulations.
- Oversees the collection, treatment, storage, transportation, and shipping of hazardous waste for safe and legal handling.
- Conducts routine environmental tests and observations; records results and prepares simple technical reports identifying where the organization's equipment, facilities and processes may fail to comply with environmental regulations and standards.
- Evaluates the organization's current or proposed activities, operations, equipment, facilities, and processes to minimize their impact on the environment.
- Investigates spills, releases, emissions, or other environmental incidents; completes or verifies incident reports; and liaises with other environmental staff and environmental agencies to identify causes of these incidents and prevent recurrence.
- Collects samples of dust, gases, vapors, or other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Promotes safety-conscious work performance and provides safety performance measures and training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Strong knowledge of applicable health and safety theories and concepts and a working understanding of the operating procedures and practices, as well as, regulations of federal and state requirements.
- Strong knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Strong knowledge of EHS laws, regulations, and standards (CCA, CWA, RCRA, CERCLA, OSHA, ESA, NEPA, NIOSH standards, API standards, et.)
- Strong knowledge of environmental discipline and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of other disciplines, particularly oil and gas industry operations.
- Strong knowledge of safety and environmental codes and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and educational design, teaching and instructions for individuals and groups, and the measurement of education effectiveness.
- Ability to provide technical guidance on environmental programs to all levels of management.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree - from accredited university
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Health, Safety, Engineering, Law or related field
- BCSP Certification such as ASP or CSP
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating root cause analysis investigations
- Understanding of safety management systems
- 5-8+ years of relevant work experience - Minimum
Business Insight / Financial Acumen
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Our commitment to responsibly developing oil and natural gas in the Lone Star State begins with minimizing our environmental impact. We recycle produced water wherever possible using our Aqua Renew program and focus on collaborative, sustainable solutions to protect Texas resources. With growing operations from the Eagle Ford to the Barnett, we are among the state’s top three producers of oil and natural gas. Our investment in the communities where we live and work are also about people, and we proudly employ Texans and contract with Texas businesses.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Law, Compliance, Sustainability, Technology, Engineering, Legal, Energy