Wilsonart LLC Warehouse Assistant I in Schertz, Texas
Requisition Number: 167-09-2016
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant I
Warehouse Assistant I
Wilsonart LLC, Schertz, Texas is seeking to fill openings for Warehouse Workers. These individuals will perform warehousing functions to replenish the finished goods inventory with material from the manufacturing facilities. Fills customer orders, inspects material and packs material for shipment as needed in the assigned department/location. Performs other tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives all material from the manufacturing facilities and vendors.
- Checks and places materials in the correct bin.
- Checks material against the manifest and reports discrepancies.
- Informs supervisor and photographs all defective materials.
- Cuts down over-sized laminate to fill pending orders.
- Reads, interprets, processes and packs orders.
- Performs total skid count for loads.
- Assists the needs of the customer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Graduate and or GED, plus one year of relevant warehouse experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn computers sufficient to check inventories.
- Ability to learn materials inventoried.
- Ability to learn packing techniques.
- Ability to learn proper material handling techniques.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to drive a lift truck.
- Ability to read and understand customer orders.
- Ability to operate a table saw.
- Ability to enter data at an acceptable speed.
Heavy work - Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 50 to 100 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.