Sava Senior Care Unit Coordinator RN in Sherman, Texas
Unit Coordinator Description
Provides and coordinates clinical services for residents / patients in the various units and is responsible for facilitating the interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses and evaluates the systems which facilitate the delivery of quality resident care.
- Facilitates the resolution of issues and concerns associated with resident / patient care including family issues.
- Implements and evaluates all nursing procedures and systems relative to unit programming.
- Makes nursing diagnoses that serve as the basis for the strategy of care.
- Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of the resident / patient.
- Develops a plan of care and implements nursing care based on assessment.
- Provides health education to patients and their families.
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
- Adheres to scope of practice limitations based on qualifications.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Will perform general nursing duties in cases of emergency or staffing shortages.
- May function as Unit Coordinator for specialty unit, such as Alzheimer's unit, in which case additional duties may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Unit Coordinator Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing preferred.
- Valid State licensure.
Physical Demands & Environment
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #:: 200499
Facility Name:: Texoma, Sherman, TX
Functional Area:: Nursing
Facility Address:: 1000 Highway 82 East
Position Type:: Part-Time
Location:: Sherman, TX - 75090