BluePearl Kennel Assistant in Spring, Texas
BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Spring TX is hiring an experienced Kennel Technician to work in our growing hospital.
A Kennel Assistant attends to the basic needs of animals that are patients of the hospital and cleans the hospital facility, equipment and tools. The role may include assistance with basic patient care such as safe restraint of patients during treatment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Observes patients for obvious signs of health concerns and reports to senior staff.
• Cleans and disinfects areas of the hospital as often as is necessary to maintain high standards of care.
• Prepares patient meals, cleans patient cages and bedding, and maintains litter boxes.
• Safely approaches and restrains cooperative patients as needed during treatments.
• Provides routine attention to patients, including walking dogs.
• Effectively cleans and maintains hospital equipment and tools.
• Quantifies patient voids and reports to senior Veterinary Assistant or Technician.
• Removes and washes soiled laundry and keeps clean laundry stocked.
• Patrols facility regularly to ensure cleanliness.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Previous work experience in veterinary care preferred.
• Previous experience handling small animals necessary.
• Ability to work in a busy hospital environment and proactively identify tasks required to ensure hospital cleanliness
• Demonstrated calm demeanor
• Basic communication skills
• Basic knowledge of safe domestic animal husbandry skills, or ability to develop knowledge quickly
• Occasionally exposed to airborne particles and illness from patients and chemicals related to animal care and office equipment
• The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate
• Environment where pets are present
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• No travel required.
Click here to follow BluePearl on Facebook!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Category: Hospital Support Staff
Requisition Number: KENNE05486
Location: Spring, TX, USA