Texas Health Resources Admissions Specialist in Stephenville, Texas
M-F 7:30-4. EDUCATION:
High School diploma or equivalent
• 1+ year’s related experience required.
• Requires good written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
• Requires knowledge of general office equipment
• PC’s and associated software packages.
• Medical Insurance Verification
• 1-2 years of hospital clerical, general clerical or Certificate of Achievement in clerical or business related course.
• Experience in physician's office
• CHAA (certified health care admissions assoc preferred)
• Strong Computer Knowledge Base
* Scheduling experience a plus.
Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers.
Strong interpersonal communication, documentation, customer service and collection skills
• Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic information to ensure medical records/billing process flows efficiently.
• Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures.
• Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal, ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the same.
• Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance carriers.
• Assists patients in understanding financial obligations; collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to reduce Accounts Receivable.
• Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
KEYWORDS: "Admissions", "Registration", "Scheduling", “Patient Finance”, “Patient Access”, “Healthcare Access”, “Access Services”, "Admitting", "Scheduler", "Registrar", “Central Scheduling”, “Patient Access Services", "Hospitality", "Customer Service", "Banking", "Emergency", "ER", "Emergency Room" .
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville is a full-service, 98-bed hospital serving Erath and surrounding counties since 1926. The hospital offers surgical services, women’s and infants’ services, advanced diagnostic imaging, sleep lab and a wound care program. Texas Health Stephenville has received accreditation as a Level IV trauma center, Cycle III Chest Pain Center by Society of Chest Pain Centers and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The hospital was named a Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organization and received Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Stephenville is about an hour away from Fort Worth, so if peaceful surroundings in a rural area are the style you're looking for in your career, consider Texas Health Stephenville.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.