Bob Evans Maintenance Technician in Sulphur Springs, Texas
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
LOCATION: BEFfoods, Inc.
DATE REVISED : 12-27-2011
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Statement of Purpose
To perform a variety of mechanical maintenance repairs. Repairs, installs, replace and test electrical circuits, refrigeration and equipment. Uses hand tools and testing instruments. Dismantles machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
1. Production startup and coverage
1. Maintenance of various plant machines.
1. Trouble-shoot and repair-electrical, mechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic components.
1. Uses prints, specifications, follows verbal instructions to make repairs to ordinary plumbing and electrical systems. Install and thread pipe, perform soldering and cutting.
1. Assist in the installation of equipment.
1. Assist in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment.
1. Perform general maintenance of building and equipment.
1. Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery.
1. Fabricates replacement parts.
1. Comply with applicable environment, health, and safety rules, procedures, laws and accepted safe work practices.
1. Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to the appropriate person or office.
Basic electrical/mechanical/welding knowledge in a Food Manufacturing Environment required.
Requires judgment to make decisions regarding sequence of maintenance operations to be performed within the limits of standard practice.
Ability to work in somewhat disagreeable conditions, dust, noise, fumes and vibrations.
Ability to work flexible shifts & overtime as required
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Two or more year’s industrial equipment experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires sitting, and climbing or balancing under 1/3 of the time. Will be walking and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, and standing, using hands to finger, handle, or feel, reaching with hands and arms and talking or hearing over 2/3 of the time. Must be able to lift weights ranging from 10 to more than 100 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will be exposed to work in high, precarious place, and outdoor weather conditions under 1/3 of the time. Will work near moving mechanical parts over 2/3 of the time. Typical noise level is loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment).