Tarrant County Government COOPERATIVE PURCHASING ADMINISTRATOR - Purchasing in Tarrant County, Texas
THIS POSTING MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME ONCE A SUFFICIENT
NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED
Responsible for the administration and execution of the Tarrant County Cooperative Purchasing Program. Act as liaison between Tarrant County and other government entities. Purchase office supplies and miscellaneous commodities for all County departments. Act as an administrator and receptionist for individuals that visit the Purchasing Department by answering inquiries and directing to destination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers and executes Tarrant County Purchasing Program.
- Acts as a liaison between Tarrant County and other governmental entities utilizing Cooperative Programs.
- Creates original Interlocal Agreement documents for participating entities to be submitted to Commissioners Court.
- Scans bid documents and sends copies of required documents to all requesting entities.
- Maintains Interlocal Agreement records, which consist of verbal and written communication with other County officials as well as Independent School Districts and cities.
- Purchases office supply orders and miscellaneous commodities for all County departments.
- Purchase all commodities for Central Supply inventory as well as maintaining adequate stock levels for Central Supply inventory.
- Acts as a receptionist for Purchasing Department by assisting individuals that visit Purchasing and answering inquiries and directing to destination. Answers main multi-line phone for Purchasing Department and takes messages for entire staff.
- Prepares master annual contract listing and entity participants.
- Interacts with the buying staff in regards to problem solving and any questions pertaining to annual contracts utilized by participants.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements:
- Associate's degree or equivalent.
- Four (4) years related work experience.
- Two (2) years in purchasing preferred, government-related experience helpful.
- Good communications skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, and ability to operate standard and automated office equipment required.
- Proficient typing and computer use.
- Knowledge of computer programs and ability to develop comprehensive spreadsheets required.
- Familiarity with computerized purchasing system helpful.
- Strong customer service and telephone answering skills are also essential.
If hired, you must provide proof of educational attainment at new hire processing.
Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past seven years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.
Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements:
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb, reach, push and pull.
Job Title: COOPERATIVE PURCHASING ADMINISTRATOR - Purchasing
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 10/26/16 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $16.34 - $17.98 Hourly
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Location: Tarrant County, Texas